GET INSPIRED TO #BREAKUPWITHSALT WITH THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION PART TWO
The American Heart Association is on a mission to help people reduce sodium for healthier hearts, and since October, rock star influencers from The Mission List have been sharing their best tips and sources of inspiration to #BreakUpWithSalt on the Sodium blog. Check out the stories from the first half of the campaign here.
And as we embark on the new year and so many are making health resolutions, here are more stories to inform and inspire.
- Tara Jefferson, of The Renaissance Suite, shares how a health scare forced her to read labels and get smart about salt.
- Jane Maynard, of This Week for Dinner, talks about baking without salt, shares a collection of lower sodium recipes and satisfying low-sodium snacks and helps with finding a lower sodium lunch solution.
- Erika Kendall, of A Black Girl's Guide To Weight Loss, gives 4 easy tips for kicking sodium to the curb.
- Patricia Patton shares how her family history of high blood pressure led her to lower her sodium intake.
- Makeba Giles, of Melisa Source tells us why we need to lower our sodium intake right now and how to do it.
- Paula Kiger, of Big Green Pen, shares how she’s getting her health back on track with more movement and less sodium.
- Tawanna Browne Smith, of Mom's Guide To Travel, gets soulful and talks about how black Americans can change their future history with sodium by learning from the past.
- Jessica McFadden, of A Parent In America, shares how she broke up with sodium for her kids.